So there are rules.Rules:
- Post 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions the awarding blogger has asked
- Nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers, add their links to this post, and let them know that they have been nominated
- Create 11 questions the nominated blogs have to answer
- (and post these rules!)
Random facts about me:
1. I hate driving. The self driving Google car can't come quickly enough for me.
2. I like the idea of traveling much more than the reality of it. I love seeing new places and doing cool things, but I tend to lose MY cool on the last day or two of a trip, no matter the length. I'm a homebody for sure.
3. I swam distance on the varsity team as a freshman in high school, but I got such horrible repeated ear infections that I had to quit.
4. I've never seen several movies that seem to shock people, such as Star Wars, The Godfather, Goonies
5. I'm definitely an "oldest child"
6. While I enjoy writing, I'm terrible at correspondence.
7. I had to get bifocals this year. I'm 31.
8. Other than the mortgage, we should be debt free in 2015.
9. I'm a terrible morning person. I used to be a night owl, but now I love to go to bed around 9. What does that make me....a midday person?
10. I can remember specific things from a meeting a year ago, or full movie monologues, but I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday or what I'm supposed to be doing tomorrow. If it isn't on my calendar, it doesn't exist.
11. I love my cat and dog, but I don't think I'm an "animal person." I'm also not sure that I'll get more pets later in life....it would be nice not to have pet hair all over everything all the time.
1. How important is your blog to you in the big picture of life?
Minimal to medium. I enjoy it, or I wouldn't do it. But it's firmly a hobby for me. I appreciate it for keeping record of what I'm working on, and getting to know people. I never want to think up projects or whatever "for the blog."2. What are the things that help you relax most?
Knitting, yoga, wine, naps. Quiet time is very important to me.
3. How much do you agree to the saying “If you are good at doing something, you shouldn’t do it for free”, especially related to your favorite craft/hobby/passion ?
I disagree. I'm not saying to give everything away for free, but money isn't everything.4. What are 2-3 things you are most proud of, in regards to your favorite craft/hobby/passion? If you have posts/pictures, please add those.
I'm pretty darn proud of the chair I reupholstered, imperfections and all. (Ok, the imperfections totally bother me.)
I'm also going to be pretty proud of this dress when it's finished. Beyond the image below, I've attached the sleeves and have the front flap complete and part of the yoke. It's also imperfect, but it doesn't bother me as much. Growth?
5. Do you ever get presents from friends or relatives related to your favorite craft/hobby/passion?
6. Do you like sports? Which kinds?
Yes! Most recently I got the Knit Kit because my husband felt bad for how I was always fumbling for my scissors or darning needle. (That's an affiliate link. It's something I'm trying out)
Eh, not really. I don't mind the occasional baseball game or superbowl party with friends, but there is nothing I follow. I'm fairly entertained by the fights at hockey games. Are there no rules at all?7. Do your ever dream (in sleep) about your hobby?
Not that I recall8. Do you have a favorite dish? What is it?
Tomato soup + grilled cheese is my comfort food.9. What things do you prefer visually? (Any given colour? Bright multi-colour patterns? Simple patterns? Busy patterns? Any particular style – e.g. steam punk, oriental, baroque?) Be as general or as specific as you like.
Simple, neutral, geometric for sure. I appreciate the rustic, collected look, but I can't pull it off yet.10. What are your goals for the next few years, related to your favorite craft/hobby/passion? Do you have any?
I suppose continuing to grow and develop new skills. I'd love to do something with colorwork, like one of those scandanavian stranded sweaters that look adorable on kids. Cables are on my short list too.11. Are you a process or end-result oriented?
Both, but halfway through the process I usually get pretty antsy for the finished product.
Questions for others:
1. Hot or cold weather?
2. Dream job?
3. Skill you are totally jealous of?
4. What is your guilty pleasure indulgence?
5. Proudest accomplishment?
6. Favorite place?
7. Drink of choice?
8. Describe your current home
9. Describe your dream home
10. What do you pretend to like because you should, but actually don't?
11. What does your life look like in 3 years?
Phew....that was a lot harder than I thought it would be! So I now nominate:
And hey, I got to 11! But I'll still take write in self-nominations. :)